Re: LT WinModem and kernel headers

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Scott <waterhorse@ultrasw.com> writes:

Paul> I'm still reading every fine manual I can but can you tell me
Paul> how I identify the kernel? Are you talking about executable or
Paul> source? I actually D/L'd the entired source last night but I'm
Paul> not sure if I installed it correctly. apt-get install left me
Paul> with a tar.bz2 and I 'm not sure I unpacked in the right folder.

Normally, you should end up with a directory
/usr/src/kernel-source-<version>. Debian doesn't really force you to
use this directory[1], you can use the location you like. To build the
ltmodem package, just specify --with-kernel-dir=<place where you
extracted the tarball>

Paul> I was trying not to do that but I couldn't find header files
Paul> which seemed to be the exact same version as the kernel that I
Paul> had installed. I did my install from official CD's but I don't
Paul> remember every step. There are supposed to be fout flavors of
Paul> 2.2.19pre17: vanilla, compact, idepci and udma66. I only found
Paul> headers for compact and idepci.

I'm not sure what the differences are between the header packages. Try
using the vanilla one.

[1] /usr/src has even been deprecated AFAIK.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>