Re: 7 boxes to debianize

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 07:53:45PM +0000, joe golden wrote:
> I've got seven boxes to switch over to debian from windows NT in the next
> couple of weeks.  I plan to mount /usr and /home NFS.
>
> I have one stormix installation disk.  My Debian 3 pack of CDs has a bad
> first CD.  Anyone changed a stormix box to straight debian?

Hey.

I started with Stormix 2.06 and went from there to debian testing.  I just
did a minimal installation, and then started the transition.  There was a
thread on this kind of thing a little while ago.  I have actually done it
for three installations.  There were a few debs floating around that didn't
track properly with dselect/apt-get, so I had to go and nuke those after
installing newer versions from testing.

Do you need to see my /etc/apt/sources.list file?

I'll see if I still have some of the more interesting bits from that

Cheers,
--
Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")