7 boxes to debianize

I've got seven boxes to switch over to debian from windows NT in the next couple of weeks. I plan to mount /usr and /home NFS.

I have one stormix installation disk. My Debian 3 pack of CDs has a bad first CD. Anyone changed a stormix box to straight debian?

As a test I switched /etc/apt/sources.list to point to debian sources on a stormix test box. Update from dselect ran fine, but told me i needed nine hours to wait for updates. Since I am going to mount /usr NFS i don't really need these updates in full. I think I only need one file server box with updated /usr programs. On the client boxes I believe i mainly need a kernel update (stormix version is 2.2.14, I plan to run 2.2.19) and updates to /etc files .

Any ideas on less painful ways to do this? I don't know what the kernel version on the latest boxed set of CDs is. I suspect I would need these upgrades even if I had straight debian CDs.

Many thanks for any tips, warnings or informed harangues.

Joe Golden
The Stevens School of Peacham
thestevensschoolofpeacham.com