Re: wierd returnings

	Subject: Re: wierd returnings
	Date: Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 09:48:14AM -0400

Quoting Mike(reznaeous@adelphia.net):
> Ian Perry wrote:
> > Mario,
> >
> > Why have you used MY SERVER inertia.com.au as your return address in your
> > email ?
>
> He didn't.  I looked through the headers of his message and saw *no* mention
> anywhere of your server's name.  I did, however, see mention of my ISP's
> address in a few places that it shouldn't have been - namely
>
> From bounce-debian-user=reznaeous=adelphia.net@lists.debian.org Thu Aug 09 06:33:35 2001
> Sender: mario <mario@mx1.cdp.adelphia.net>
>
> I suspect the From and the Return-Path: lines might be done by the Debian
> listserver as a bounce detection mechanism, but I'm not sure.  The Sender:
> line, however, is most definitely wrong.

I agree, the question is who.  His message has different headers for
me, and they look OK????

>From bounce-debian-user=wtopa=dmcom.net@lists.debian.org Thu Aug 09 09:49:30 2001
--- NO Return-path: at all
Sender: mario <mario@localhost>

Don't know enough about mail to comment further. ( I failed Bat Book
001)

Clear Skies

 Wayne  WA1BBB
 N 42 35.776
 W 74 41.201

--
User n.:
        A programmer who will believe anything you tell him.