Re: autoconf[2.13] package broken?

Have you taken a look at this blurb in the 2.13 thingy in dselect?

This package provides compatibility wrappers for autoconf, autoheader,
and
autoreconf that attempt to automatically choose which version of
Autoconf
to use, based on some simple heuristics.  For information on these
heuristics or how to force use of a particular Autoconf version, see
/usr/share/doc/autoconf2.13/README.Debian.gz.

Hope it has what you need.
--mike