Re: Ximian Gnome, Woody, and libgnomeprint11

I once (ONLY ONCE) tried to run both ximian and debian gnome packages in
harmony.  I couldn't get them to play fair.  I remember reading
something about differing contents in these dependecy and library
packages.  I beleive the problem was that ximian and debian had gotten
out of sync with what depends on what.  (1)  One solution is to run the
gnome and evolution out of unstable (I'm doing it right now woo woo.
with a whole unstable dist (easy).  (2)  The harder way would be to
inform apt that you only want potato except for the gnome and evolution
stuff which would come from a newer distribution.  I suggest 1 ;>  I can
provide some help with 2 if you are dead set on it.

--mike