Courier-IMAP

Hello Debianfriends,

I'm using Courier-IMAP-ssl on Debian/unstable to read my mails.
I have a problem to get it working with more than one user.
All mails should be saved in /var/mail/$USER.

How the imapd should be started?
When the server is started with:
/usr/sbin/couriertcpd -address=0 -stderrlogger=/usr/sbin/courierlogger \
 -stderrloggername=imapd-ssl -maxprocs=40 -maxperip=4 \
 -pid=/var/run/courier/imapd-ssl.pid -nodnslookup -noidentlookup 993 \
 /usr/bin/couriertls -server -tcpd /usr/lib/courier/courier/imaplogin \
 /usr/lib/courier/authlib/authpam /usr/bin/imapd /var/mail/waldemar

user waldemar could read & write mail.

man imapd:
When imapd is invoked in this fashion, it checks if the IMAP authentication request
is  accepted,  and,  if so, changes its current directory to the account's Maildir,
and issues an OK response, telling the IMAP client that it's logged in.

Where I can define the account's Maildir in a LDAP environment?
All users only exist in a LDAP-database. /etc/pam.d/imap is configured
to use LDAP.

When imapd is started without leading /var/mail/waldemar it doesn't
work :(

Thanks for any hints.

--
bye