Re: Courier-IMAP

Waldemar Brodkorb <waldemar.brodkorb@web.de> writes:

> Hello Debianfriends,
>
> I'm using Courier-IMAP-ssl on Debian/unstable to read my mails.  I
> have a problem to get it working with more than one user.  All mails
> should be saved in /var/mail/$USER.
>
> How the imapd should be started?  When the server is started with:
> /usr/sbin/couriertcpd -address=0 -stderrlogger=/usr/sbin/courierlogger
> \
>  -stderrloggername=imapd-ssl -maxprocs=40 -maxperip=4 \
>  -pid=/var/run/courier/imapd-ssl.pid -nodnslookup -noidentlookup 993 \
>  /usr/bin/couriertls -server -tcpd /usr/lib/courier/courier/imaplogin
> \
>  /usr/lib/courier/authlib/authpam /usr/bin/imapd /var/mail/waldemar
>
> user waldemar could read & write mail.
>
> man imapd:
>
> --snipped--
>
> Where I can define the account's Maildir in a LDAP environment?  All
> users only exist in a LDAP-database. /etc/pam.d/imap is configured to
> use LDAP.
>
> When imapd is started without leading /var/mail/waldemar it doesn't
> work :(
>
> Thanks for any hints.
>
> -- bye
>
> Waldemar

Just a guess:
Maybe you need a "~/Maildir"?

Another possibility is to install "courier-ldap" and skip pam.
You can then set the attribute names in authldaprc. Example:
LDAP_MAIL               mail
LDAP_HOMEDIR            homeDirectory
LDAP_MAILDIR            mailMessageStore
LDAP_CLEARPW            userPassword
LDAP_UID                uidNumber
LDAP_GID                gidNumber

HTH, Ramin