Re: XFree86-4.1.0-2 broke X on my laptop

Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:

> * Michael Heldebrant (Heldebrant.Michael@mayo.edu) wrote:
> > I get this whenever I have xinerama enabled which it looks like you
> > don't.  Same int 11 internal server error.  Just downgrade by apt-get
> > xfree86-common/testing etc for each xfree package (xserver-xfree86
> > xserver-common and the fonts if they complain)on your system.  That
> > should downgrade it to something tolerable.
> >
> > --mike
>
>   I just realized I haven't looked at Debian BugTrack. There is a bug
> there that directly pertains to my case. I guess I'll take your advice
> and downgrade.
>
>   Thanks,

I just dist-upgraded yesterday (using Sid) and upgraded from 4.0x to
4.1.0)
and everything works like a charm with my Xinerama setup (GeForce2 AGP +
TNT2 PCI)

But i surely don't have the same exact hardware setup as you that would
cause the problem.

Thanks,

Philippe.