Re: keymaps

"Karsten M. Self" wrote:

> on Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 09:04:20AM +0200, Joerg Johannes (liste_joerg@gmx.de) wrote:
> > Hi list
> >
> > Once upon a time, I used to have german keyboard layout on my console.
> > Now, having swiched to sid, I can only use american layout, which is
> > very awkward (if you are not used to it). When I try "loadkeys -d" I get
> > the following eroor message:

> > loadkeys: /usr/share/keymaps/defkeymap.kmap.gz: 4: cannot open include
> > file de-latin1.kmap
>
> I've found that references to other files within keymaps don't resolve
> in all contexts.  Try using an absolute pathname ot de-latin1.kmap,
> either by editing the system keymaps, or by copying it to your home
> directory and modifying it there.
>
> If this is the problem, I'd also consider filing a bug against the
> appropriate package.

loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwertz/de-latin1.kmap.gz
worked.

Even after logout and login again, the german keymap worked instantly
(without loadkeys again). I'm a bit confused now, but thank you anyway.

joerg
--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.