KDE printing workaround?

The lpr package has a rather silly bug whereby it fails with a usage message
when given the (legitimate) -#n option. Not really a problem (I can just
print however many copies I need one at a time), except that the KDE print
routines insist upon supplying the -#n argument to lpr, even in the degenerate
case of n=1.

There's already a bug open, a month old, and since the last update to the
package was in January, and some of the open bugs go back years, I'm not
holding my breath for a package update to fix it anytime soon. Does anyone
know of a workaround, for example to get KDE to stop sending that argument?

--
Geoffrey M. Romer
gromer@hmc.edu