Re: keymaps

on Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 09:04:20AM +0200, Joerg Johannes (liste_joerg@gmx.de) wrote:
> Hi list
>
> Once upon a time, I used to have german keyboard layout on my console.
> Now, having swiched to sid, I can only use american layout, which is
> very awkward (if you are not used to it). When I try "loadkeys -d" I get
> the following eroor message:

> loadkeys: /usr/share/keymaps/defkeymap.kmap.gz: 4: cannot open include
> file de-latin1.kmap

I've found that references to other files within keymaps don't resolve
in all contexts.  Try using an absolute pathname ot de-latin1.kmap,
either by editing the system keymaps, or by copying it to your home
directory and modifying it there.

If this is the problem, I'd also consider filing a bug against the
appropriate package.