Re: 2 - Problems with Libraries - Part 2

[Please disable HTML in email. It is annoying, wastes bandwidth, and is a
violation of netiquette]

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 16:29:15 -0300, Estêvão Becker wrote:
>      Yesterday, I sent you this message:

Why are you starting a new thread, rather than replying to your earlier
message? Starting a new thread wastes bandwidth and makes it more difficult
to follow the various conversations on the list.

>    1. gtk+-1.2.6-1
>
>    error: failed dependencies:
>
>    libX11.so.6 is needed by gtk+-1.2.6-1
>
>    libXext.so.6 is needed by gtk+-1.2.6-1

These look like RPM error messsages. Debian does not use the RPM package
management system, but uses its own ".deb" package management system. If
you're really want to use Debian, read the documentation and use the Debian
package management system. Don't use RPM on Debian.

In any case, the error messages are fairly clear: you need to install the
packages that contain the "libX11.so.6" and "libXext.so.6" files, which are
standard X libraries.

Using a Debian package management tool like "dselect" or "apt-get", you
would have been informed that additional packages were going to be installed
to fulfill the dependencies of the packages you selected for install.

HTH,
Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.