kdm use questions

Two (hopefully) simple questions about using kdm:

First, is there any simple way of specifying a program (or programs) to be
run, regardless of what sort of session is started? I want xscreensaver
started, whether I'm running a Gnome session, a KDE session, or whatever,
and it seems easier to specify this in one place, rather than going through
the session-management facilities of each window manager I use.

Second, how do I customize my path when I start sessions through KDM? Since
my normal shell .rc files never get executed, /usr/games (among other things)
never gets added to my path, and a lot of menus and such don't work properly.

I guess what I'm really looking for, if such a thing exists, is a
user-specific kdm configuration file which will be executed on login,
regardless of session type.

--
Geoffrey M. Romer
gromer@hmc.edu