Re: alien dpkg-shlibdeps errors (solved)
- To: "Debian Users" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: alien dpkg-shlibdeps errors (solved)
- From: "Robin Rowe" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 13:23:00 -0700
- Message-id: <022301c11dec$6c3785f0$0201a8c0@rowboat>
- References: <20010805125636.A8015@kitenet.net>
YES! Thank you! Running ldconfig manually cleaned it up.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joey Hess"
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2001 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: alien dpkg-shlibdeps errors
> Robin Rowe wrote:
> > where some_lib_name.so seems to be each of a bunch of proprietary libs
> > I suspect are included in the rpm. What's alien trying to tell me, and
> > do I go from here? I can't find the libs named on my system.
> If the libraries are present in the rpm, then you can ignore the
> Maybe they're put in a directory that is not present in your
> /etc/ld.so.conf, and so when you try to run the program, it cannot find
> them? If so you can try adding the paths there and running LDCONFIG.
> It's also possible that the libraries are installed, but the necessary
> symlinks to let ldconfig find them are not installed. Manually running
> ldconfig would clear that up.
> see shy jo