A good list of what Debian installs and what it doesn't

Hey all, a Newbie here.  Love Debian, but I noticed
some things were not installed by default using the
"simple" package install.  On debian.org, some mention
is made of this fact, but no detailed list of what is
and isn't.  For instance, telnetd and ftpd were
nonexistent after install (I know, I know, I'm trying
to install SSH as we speak).  Anyone know of a good
place to find a list of what Potato leaves out?

Thanks in advance,

=====

Mr. Black