Re: Linux in the workplace: NT Domains [Konqueror]

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 08:42:01PM +0200, William Leese wrote:
> Surely, there is someone out there using Konqueror to browse shares in their
> network?
>
> There is a tab in Kcontrol where you can fill in a login, a password and a
> workgroup to use for SAMBA shares, no mention of domain though.

Well, yes, I have experimented with Konqueror as a samba browser, but I
haven't had my socks knocked off.  Once you get klisa configured, you
can click the Network icon in the sidebar and it will in fact give you a
file manager that treats your samba shares as if they were mounted.
However, I far prefer actually mounting the shares -- xSMBrowser is a
handy tool for doing this -- and then using the file manager of my own
choice to work them.  Using klisa and konqueror, I was not able to see a
way to make the shared directories visible to, for example, xmms.  If
you can't do that, what's the point?  And besides, emelfm is far better
for moving files around.

--
Michael Epting (epting@ix.netcom.com)