Re: How to startx as normal user?

In /etc/, 'ls X*' lists xserver, a directory, and Xserver, a regular file. 'ls
x*' yields 'ls: x*: No such file or directory' although there are several files
starting with a lowercase x (???). I tried 'less' on Xserver, to look at it, but
it says 'Xserver: No such file or directory' (???). I tried to cd into xserver,
but it says '/etc/xserver: No such file or directory' (???). Both files have
read permissions set for owner, group, and other users, and I was logged in as
root. I don't understand what's going on.