Re: Numeric Keypad in X

I don't know how to use xev (nothing helpful in the info page). I used "run
program" in Gnome, typed xev, and it opened a window with a black rectangle on a
white background. I opened gnotepad+ and typed on the numeric keypad and nothing
happened. It does not behave as if the numlock is on (no numbers) nor does it
behave as if the numlock is off (cursor control functions don't work). It just
doesn't do anything. Nothing ever appeared in the xev window.