Re: exim won't relay mail

* dman (dsh8290@rit.edu) wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 03:37:48PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> | In article <[🔎] 20010731085227.A5521@harmony.cs.rit.edu>, dman
<snip>

> I just verified, using telnet, that while the mailserver
> (mail.rit.edu) accepts my mail, it didn't get to my inbox on the CS
> systems.
>
> -D

I'm not thinking clearly here, and probably gave you bad advice -- is mail.rit.edu where you are trying to send your email, or is it your ISP's mail server?

The route_list assignment under smarthost must refer to your ISP.  If you do not have a direct link to mail.rit.edu, it should not work, I think.

Cam (who just figured this out a week ago, and still isn't sure)

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
From Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast