X fonts since upgrade?

  I just did my daily (yeah daily) upgrade to my unstable box.  It downloaded
and installed xfree86 4.1 which is sweet.  Actually seems a little clearer
and faster on my TNT2 box.

  At any rate though my Gnome Control Panel, Gnome Menu Panels, and all the
"GNOME" type text are showing as just squares like a missing font.  This
was working fine yesterday.  I can ssh to my home box, this one, from within
an rxvt and type this just fine except for my normal typo's etc.  The text
in my rxvt and my netscape, xmms, konqueror, and such windows is just fine,
including text in the title bars.

  Any constructive thoughts?

:wq!
                                \_       that important!