Re: X fonts since upgrade?

--- "Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net>
wrote:

>   I just did my daily (yeah daily) upgrade to my
> unstable box.  It downloaded
> and installed xfree86 4.1 which is sweet.  Actually
> seems a little clearer
> and faster on my TNT2 box.
>
>   At any rate though my Gnome Control Panel, Gnome
> Menu Panels, and all the
> "GNOME" type text are showing as just squares like a
> missing font.  This
> was working fine yesterday.  I can ssh to my home
> box, this one, from within
> an rxvt and type this just fine except for my normal
> typo's etc.  The text
> in my rxvt and my netscape, xmms, konqueror, and
> such windows is just fine,
> including text in the title bars.
>
>   Any constructive thoughts?

Hi,

     Ran into the same thing yesterday.
     I found that XF 4.1 now likes it's fonts in
/etc/X11/fonts/ and not /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ so
I'd change that in /usr/X11/XF86config-4 but it didn't
alleviate it.
     The magic bullet for me (YMMV) was to restart
xfs, so "Careful w/ that ax, Eugene" .

=====
Regards-   Tim Stetson  Whiskey Sour     Nuhn O. Yobiznez

		Licq # 14373626

   Why?.........Why not?..............Why not try?

          The rule of an inquisitive mind.