Re: Chronically broken package - bugs? In tetex-bin AND apt-get?

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 06:44:27AM +0000, hzi wrote:
> > Just a remark: I'm not entirely sure if it wise to use any other than
> > the default locale settings in the root account.
>
> What do you mean? All the bahavior here was set automatically by dselect.
> I haven't specified an installation directory different than the default,
> when you install tetex-bin.

I meant the locale settings.  Do "env | egrep 'LANG|LC_'" and if there
are any variable assignments in the ouput, those are your locale settings.
It is okay for regular users, and it should be okay for root maybe, but
there is always a risk of unexpected formats.

> > The bug is probably in tetex-bin, for having a broken prerm script.
>
> Post removal script

Sorry, my tpyo.

Cheers,

Joost