Re: Chronically broken package - bugs? In tetex-bin AND apt-get?

No dia 27/07/01, 11:20:08, joost@topaz.mdcc.cx (Joost Kooij) escreveu o
seguinte sobre o tema Re: Chronically broken package - bugs? In tetex-bin
AND apt-get?:

Hi Joost-
	Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
	My comments are in the message body.

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 01:24:16PM -0300, Henry Lebowzki wrote:
> > I'm sorry if I sound hysterical, but I have reasons for concern. In
> > fact, I'm truly desperate: it has been over a three months that I try to
> > tackle this problem whenever I have some time.
> > I was never able to use TeX on my potato, because the package somehow
> > got "broken". And I mean *badly* broken. In dselect, it appear as *RI,
> > which means that I should reinstall it.

> > (Reading database ... 115823 files and directories currently installed.)
> > Preparing to replace tetex-bin 1.0.6-7 (using
> > .../tetex-bin_1.0.6-7_i386.deb) ...
> > Unpacking replacement tetex-bin ...
> > open /var/lib/xaw-wrappers/update-wrappers-history: Arquivo ou diret?rio
> > n?o encontrado [file or directory not found]
> > dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 2
> > dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
> > open /var/lib/xaw-wrappers/update-wrappers-history: Arquivo ou diret?rio
> > n?o encontrado [file or directory not found]
> > dpkg: error processing
> > /var/cache/apt/archives/tetex-bin_1.0.6-7_i386.deb (--unpack):
> > subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 2
> > open /var/lib/xaw-wrappers/update-wrappers-history: Arquivo ou diret?rio
> > n?o encontrado [file or directory not found]

> Just a remark: I'm not entirely sure if it wise to use any other than
> the default locale settings in the root account.

What do you mean? All the bahavior here was set automatically by dselect.
I haven't specified an installation directory different than the default,
when you install tetex-bin.

> Try $EDITOR /var/lib/dpkg/info/tetex-bin.prerm and comment out the
> offending line or fix the statement so that it doesn't break.

Will try this! Will inform back to the list if I succeed.

> Please also consider filing a properly documented bug into the debian
> bug tracking system.

If what you suggested doens't wok, I'll do that for sure.

[cut]

> The bug is probably in tetex-bin, for having a broken prerm script.

Post removal script

> The problem on the packaging system level is not with apt-get, but in
> dpkg, in that it is not possible to deal with broken maintainer scripts
> in any other fashion than to edit the scripts.

So you're saying there's no bug in neither apt-get nor dpkg, right? Am I
understanding you correctly? Well, that's conforting to know!
Reagards, Joost

- Henry