Re: Debian Issues!!

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>on Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 03:51:14PM -0700, Jaimos F. Skriletz
>(somiaJ@excite.com) wrote:
>> First I will like to say that your meathod is intivative and I
>> understand your issues of wanting to save banwith, also after thinking
>> about your meathod of using the .list file to direct what pacakages
>> will be installed on the machince, I see that for a knowledgable
>> Debian user it could be advantage to spelizise that list to get the
>> maximum performace out of your operating system which is the final
>> goal of most devout users in my opion, but now on to my problems
>
>Huh?

I guess Jaimos is thinking that it's worth cutting down the .list files
to only the packages you need. In fact, unless you're short on CDs, it's
not worth the trouble: regardless of what you have on the CDs, you only
ever have to install the packages you want, plus their dependencies. The
.list files don't control what's actually installed on the final system.