pseudo-image method & .list files (was Re: Debian Issues!!)

on Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 02:18:03PM +0100, Colin Watson (cjwatson@flatline.org.uk) wrote:
> "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >on Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 03:51:14PM -0700, Jaimos F. Skriletz
> >(somiaJ@excite.com) wrote:
> >>
> >> First I will like to say that your meathod is intivative and I
> >> understand your issues of wanting to save banwith, also after
> >> thinking about your meathod of using the .list file to direct what
> >> pacakages will be installed on the machince, I see that for a
> >> knowledgable Debian user it could be advantage to spelizise that
> >> list to get the maximum performace out of your operating system
> >> which is the final goal of most devout users in my opion, but now
> >> on to my problems
> >
> >Huh?
>
> I guess Jaimos is thinking that it's worth cutting down the .list
> files to only the packages you need. In fact, unless you're short on
> CDs, it's not worth the trouble: regardless of what you have on the
> CDs, you only ever have to install the packages you want, plus their
> dependencies. The .list files don't control what's actually installed
> on the final system.

.list files being something specific to the p-Image method?  As I said
before, I haven't tried it myself, just mostly heard from those who've
found it broken.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>      http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
 What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?         There is no K5 cabal