Re: Debian Issues!!

"pascal weller" <pascalw@gmx.ch> wrote:
>what kind of bandwidth do I save with the pseudo-image-kit ?
>Just download the iso with a ftp client witch can resume and your done.
>Do I miss something ?

It doesn't save *you* bandwidth, it helps out the load on the mirrors.
That (at least in theory) is the point of the pseudo-image kit: you can
download the packages from a local mirror as normal, and mirrors don't
have to keep enormous .iso files around.

That said, while I did get the pseudo-image kit working last time I
needed to, I was working from a GNU/Linux system to start with. I can
imagine that doing it from Cygwin or similar would be pretty stressful.