Re: Debian Issues!!

> | > to begin this project, but little to my knowledge, I have spent
the
> | > last three days reading though your FAQ's, readme files, etc
trying to
> | > figure out how to get the image which should be a simple afair,
yet
> | > failing miserabbaly and I have the following comments/complaints I
> | > hope you will at least consider about your system.
> |
> | The docs could be better organized.  However, this list is populated
> | with folks who've been through most of the pains themselves,
strongly
> | recommended you ask first.  We're usually pretty helpful, or so I
hear.

> Yeah, just look at all the responses you've gotten already (and no
> flames :-)).

and another big pro for debian

"I have a problem with my RH 7.1 bal bla" postet to this list
will increase the risk of getting flamed ;-)

> | > First I will like to say that your meathod is intivative and I
> | > understand your issues of wanting to save banwith, also after
thinking

what kind of bandwidth do I save with the pseudo-image-kit ?
Just download the iso with a ftp client witch can resume and your done.
Do I miss something ?

Anyway

A nice way IMO ist the following:

Download the right 2.88 mb boot-floppy image and base2_2.tgz (~50mb)
from somemirror.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current

Burn a CD with the floppy-image as boot-image and the base2_2.tgz
as a regular file on the CD.

Boot from the CD install the basesystem from the CD.
This gives you a running linuxsystem where you can mess around with the
usual tools to make your modem/lan working if they don't do already.
by  'installer-magic' .
Configure apt to use your pref. mirror and anything additional to this
starter-kit-linux is now just
apt-get install <package>
away.
(If you don't intend to keep it slim use dselect ;)

I'd say *this* saves bandwidth

just to give some ideas
pascal

Ps: perfekt way to jump right to testing as well