Re: Quake 3

Thanks for the quick responses guys,

Andrew - I am running a G200, so I may have to do the same...

Sean - I am first trying to get it working with a G200, and I will get it working with another machine using an Nvidia GeForce2MX after this.

Yves - I will definitely try out the additional config section, and I had no idea about the color depth limitation.  I have the exact same card as you (G200) and have been attempting this in 24 bit color, so it obviously wont work.

On an interesting side note, I did get the Q3test and Q3demo working, but they were only running at about 1 fps, which I later found out was due to the fact that GLX can apparently do software 3D acceleration which looks like real hardware 3d (as opposed to the traditional inferior look of software renderers).

I'll give some of those things a shot, and report back!

By the way - is there a way to change the X color depth without killing X and restarting it?

thanks,
jason
jason@pepas.com