Re: wine with potato

Hai; I think; it might be what I forgot........mounting the
windowspartition.......
Below a copy from another wine question......
Hope this is helpfull

Regards,
Frans Schreuder

> >debs,

>on Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 01:59:45PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman  wrote:
> dear all,
>
> as i understand it, wine comes with its own libraries which implement the
> win32 API.

Yes.

> i also understand that if we somehow have access to a windows CD, all
legal
> issues aside, we can use files off windows to make wine work even better.

Yes.

> how can i do this?   is there a debian specific way of doing this?

Answering the second question first:  not that I'm aware.

I'd perform an installation of the legacy MS Windows OS into a separate
partition, mount this someplace (I usually choose /mnt/windows).  In the
1.x release of Wine (yes, it *is* a production release now), you can
specify where things live in the configuration dialog (you'll need the
winesetuptk package for this).  In older versions, this is configured in
your /etc/wine.conf file.

My experience was that WINE support through MS Office 97 was pretty
reasonable.   Some things work (Word, Excel), some things don't
(Access).  Impressive, in the way a dancing dog is.