Re: Wajig toupgrade reports stuff that wajig upgrade doesn't upgrade!

> Received Fri 20 Jul 2001 10:35pm +1000 from Colin Watson:
> > nikki@trumphurst.com wrote:
> > >I now use Graham Williams wajig shell script as a front end to apt,
> > >mostly because of the extra facilities it provides an easy interface
> > >to.
> > >e2fsprogs               1.18-3                  1.18-3.0potato1
> >
> > That looks like a bug in his version comparison; 1.18-3 is older than
> > 1.18-3.0potato1.

Received Sat 21 Jul 2001 10:08am +1000 from Graham Williams:
> Yes, that's an error in my comparison of versions.  I'll fix it soon

I've fixed WAJIG.

WAJIG's idea of what was updated was based on versions in the Debian
archive being different to those installed (rather than being newer
than those installed). This is mostly okay as one would normally
expect newer versions to appear in the archive.  Occasionally you
might install a newer version yourself from a different Debian
archive, or you may move your default archive from unstable to stable,
for example. Thus the behaviour you were noticing (I think).

I now check the version numbers as well (using "dpkg
--compare-versions") to only print those that are actually newer (this
does slow down this part of the script).

This new version also adds new commands:

     # wajig bug <package>	Review bugs associated with package
     # wajig purge <package>	Remove a package and all its config files
     # wajig start <daemon>	Equivalent to /etc/init.d/<daemon> start
     # wajig stop <daemon>	Equivalent to /etc/init.d/<daemon> stop
     # wajig restart <daemon>	Equivalent to /etc/init.d/<daemon> restart

Available from: http://edm.act.cmis.csiro.au/debian/wajig

Regards,
Graham