Re: Help with creating installation CDs

Giri X muttered:
> hi
> I am trying to install Debian GNU/Linux on my PC. I wanted to know
> if i culd burn the images that are in formats like .bin, .exe, .bat and use
> them for installation. I have access to CD writers only on Windows. The CD
> writer software is DirectCD.
> Thanx and Regards
> Girix

Giri,

Start by RTFM. The process for building the CD is explained in detail
starting at www.debian.org. Even *I* did it, so it can't be too hard :-)

You can create a CD image in ISO format and burn a CD in Windows with
Easy CD Creator, but you can also run the install from a batch
file in the DOS prompt, and you only need to downlaod about 20 MB or less
to get that going, the rest can be installed over the internet. (The
real secret is that you don't even need to make a CD.)

But start by making a cup of cocoa, put the cat in your lap, and dive
into the instructions on www.debian.org.

cheers,

Paul