Re: [OT] beware citibank!

* Noah Meyerhans (noahm@debian.org) [010717 18:49]:
> Other than that problem, their online credit card account management
> tools has worked very well for me.  I think I've tried it in Konqueror,
ACtually, I've also been happily using their credit card management
features for years as well. This is another reason why it was so
shocking to me that the banking section was so broken.

On a slightly tangential point, they do have one major design flaw
with all of their authentication systems that transcends OS/browser
choice: If you ever forget your password, they tell you to re-register
for online banking (or credit card management, or whatever you're
trying to use). I'd run into that a couple of times, and I fear that
there may be as many as 4 valid username/password combinations
registered to my accounts. gpasman helped me end that downward spiral,
and this nitpick alone wasn't enough to send me away, but it may be a
concern to others. Just in general, I get the idea that they've given
MUCH more power to the graphical designer than to the web developers
over there, and the result may be pretty, but sadly weak.

Anyway, I just wanted to warn others of my experience in case anyone
was thinking about opening a checking or savings account in the near
future.

Vineet