Re: how-to configure a printer on my potato

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 06:57:21PM +0200 or thereabouts, Joost Kooij wrote:

[snip]
> The differences with cups are that cups implements the functionality of
> both the lpd and the filter in one, and that it has a gui for setting
> it up and managingthe printer queue.  Apart from the gui, it does nothing
> new afaik.

I may be wrong, but I thought CUPS' main feature was the implementation
of the ipp (internet printing protocol) which will unify network based
printing between different os', plattforms and devices.

so long,

Karsten

--
Karsten Heymann                      <karsten.heymann@gmx.de>