Re: [OT] beware citibank!

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 02:08:44PM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> Unfortunately, I was unable to get their site to cooperate with me
> using any of Mozilla, Netscape 4.77, or Konqueror. Their site is so
> javascript-heavy (and broken) that I could only get it to work with
> IE/Win32. Unacceptable.

I have been using Citibank's online credit card tools for about a year
in Mozilla and NS4 under Linux with no mostly no troubles.  There was a
period when one of the server names involved would not resolve to an IP
address at all under Linux, but would resolve just fine under windows.
That didn't seem to be a browser problem, but rather a libc problem, I
suppose, as tools like host and nslookup failed as well.  I have no idea
how they managed that, but I duplicated the behavior consistantly on
several different machines.

Other than that problem, their online credit card account management
tools has worked very well for me.  I think I've tried it in Konqueror,
but it wasn't recently and I don't recall the level of success I had
with it.

noah