Re: Folders in Mutt

Quoting Sam Varghese on Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 04:37:57PM +1000:
> I am a newbie to mutt - after flirting with a
> dozen or more GUI mail programs.
>
> I have managed to configure most of what I want in
> mutt but the setting up of folders just beats me.
>
> I'd like to have a few folders into which I can
> move mail after reading but if the mail supposed to
> go there does so automatically I wouldn't mind either.
>
> I'd appreciate feedback from any mutt user on this
> list.
>
> Sam
> --
> (Sam Varghese)
> http://www.gnubies.com
>

> --

Hi-

I do a few different things with mutt.  One is to manage multiple POP email
accounts inside one set of files.  My main way of moving mail is to use
procmail recipes to move mail into associated files.  Then one can write
mbox-hook commands in a .muttrc file to manage those files.  One thing I do
is use mbox-hooks to move read mail in mailing lists to an oldmail
directory and then purge those old files after a set time goes by.  One can
do all of the above with a variable set of folder-hooks and mbox-hook files.
A good resource for muttrc's and mutt in general is www.mutt.org and check
out folks' different muttrc files.  Another good one is www.dotfile.org I
believe.  It contains various and sundry dotfiles for preview or download.

--
Michael Perry
mperry@tsoft.com