Re: Folders in Mutt

David Turetsky (davidturetsky@earthlink.net) wrote:

> To copy mail into a folder (does not overwrite existing mail in that
> folder), just depress C and specify the folder to the resulting dialog
> when viewing that piece of mail, or from the index
>
> To just save the folder copy, depress d, then follow same sequence

-- 8<--- (snip)

There's no need for this - simply use 's', and it will save the message to the folder you choose, *and* delete the one in your inbox (or wherever).

One useful option when saving is the '?' - it allows you to browse the folders in your mail directory, making saving to the right place far easier. It should be noted that this doesn't seem to work with IMAP folders (at least I haven't managed it yet!)