Re: zip drive?

Leonard Stiles wrote:

Frank Zimmermann <F.Zimmermann@bham.ac.uk> writes:

I realized some problemes with "auto" and vfat, namely long
filenames. When I tried the auto/detection it always showed 8.3
filnames.

What is the output of "mount" when this happens?  Have you got vfat
support compiled into your kernel, or is it a module?  What about fat
and msdos?

WEll to be honest, that was during my pre-Debian time with a standard Suse-Kernel (Suse 6.2/7.0). So it is quite difficult for me to answer your questions and I never bothered to figure out why because I rarely need it. But I will give it a try at home on my potato box.

Frank