Re: X4 scrolling

Eric G. Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 09:16:48AM +1000, Bek Oberin wrote:
> > No, that's not it.  I want to be able to scroll AROUND the virtual
> > screen and I can't.  All I can see is the top left hand corner of it
> > and it doesn't scroll like it used to.
> Use the "Virtual" directive to force a virtual screen size.
> SubSection "Display"
>    Virtual <xdim> <ydim>
> EndSubSection

For the fourth bloody time, I KNOW how to get the right virtual screen
size.

Imagine my virtual screen drawn here and the bit I can see drawn in
XXXX's.
<PRE>
__________________
|XXXXXXXX         |
|XXXXXXXX         |
|XXXXXXXX         |
|                 |
|                 |
|                 |
|_________________|
</PRE>

Got it?  This is what I -want- my set up to me and this is what my set up IS.

With X version 3, I used to be able to put my mouse at the bottom
or side of the XXX'd in section (my viewport) and the viewport
would scroll down or across the virtual screen.

With X 4.0.3 this isn't happening for me.  I want it to happen.  I can't,
for example, ever get to the menu bar down the bottom of the virtual screen
if I can't move the viewport down there!

bekj
extremely frustrated.

--
: Usual state:  (e) None of the above.