From: "Timo \"Blazko\" Boewing" [mailto:blazko@online.de]
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2001 9:34 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: NFS alternative

Hello everyone!

Currently, I am using ssh/scp and NFS for syncing data between my woody
desk and my FreeBSD thing.

My question: is there a distributed fs that combines the advantages of
both techs?

as there are:

NFS: mountable (more via combining with other things?)
SCP: quite secure, may compress and crypt data

What I want to have is a sys that allows me to mount a remote fs but
having data compression and encryption enabled.

--> Any ideas how to give NFS the features scp has (tunneling?) ?
--> Any comments on or ideas for existing alternatives (heard something
of CodaFS etc.)

Thanx for a future discussion,

greetz, Timo