Re: The format (or lack thereof) of the list...

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 06:01:39PM -0400, D-Man wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 03:42:33PM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> | Or, better, just tell it that debian-user is a list.  Maybe I'm just
> | doing something wrong, but whenever I add a "subscribe <list>" to my
> | .muttrc, the to/from column shows "To <listname>" for all list
> | messages.  If I use "lists <list>", it does the Right Thing and shows
> | the sender's name.
> |
> | Of course, if anyone could tell me what I've done wrong...
>
> What you did wrong was leave mutt with the default settings ;-).  I
> suppose it's useful if you don't have procmail to tell you already
> which list the message came from.  Here's what I do (lots of
> irrelevant options snipped):

You missed a few.  Unless mutt is far stranger than I think, handling
of reply-to on lists, forward formats, and sort orders have nothing
at all to do with whether sender or recipient addresses are
displayed.  The index format seems to be the only thing actually
relevant.

Thanks, though, for pointing me at the right part of TFM to R!