Re: Using apt

Am 12. Jul, 2001 schwäzte Jamie Wood so:

> Basically I can download packages for free from work and then bring them
> home on ZIP to my computer there. What is the best way of maintaining an
> archive on the computer that has all the deb files?
>
> I currently have a directory /usr/local/src/debs but I can't make an entry
> in /etc/apt/sources.list that will make dselect automatically see this
> directory as a source.... Any ideas would be appreciated.

I'd think you could just copy all the debs to /var/cache/apt/archives/ and
apt will count them as downloaded :).

After putting them in there try "apt-get install <package>" for some package
you've copied.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,