Re: devel libc6 hosed my sendmail

	Subject: devel libc6 hosed my sendmail
	Date: Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 07:23:38PM -0500

Quoting Ian Marlier(ian@onepost.net):
> I upgraded my system to the newest libc6 in order to get iptables to
> work, and discovered 2 things:
> 1) iptables still doesn't work
> and
> 2) sendmail is broken now, because of the berkeley DB 2 problem.
>
> But I can't just use apt or dpkg or something to go back to the
> stable version of libc6, because everything and its mother depends on
> ip.  When I tried, the list of things that would have to be removed
> included all of my shells, everything in /usr/local, basically
> everything except the kernel itself.
>
> So I'm wondering if there's a way to recover from this, preferably
> one that doesn't require reinstalling teh whole system ground up.

Well I guess that its too late to tell you now, but you didn't have to
go to woody to get iptables to work.  I'm running potato and iptables.
Got here with this link in sources.list

deb http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main

A guick look at the archives should have led you there. Adrian post
his latest/greatest here often.
--
Real programmers don't bring brown-bag lunches.  If the vending machine
doesn't sell it, they don't eat it.  Vending machines don't sell