Re: [very very OT] noisy power supply

Joerg Johannes wrote:

> OK. Thanks everybody. I think I'll leave my power supply alone, put my
> computer under my desk and look for a less noisy power supply. Putting
> the box in another room is not very easy, because I need the
> 3D-accelerated graphics from my geforce card, which I cannot export via
> network...
>
> joerg

Another optionis to add a fan to bring air into the case.  There is
usually a mounting for inside the front of the case.  You can fasion a
washable air filter from plastic foam filter material that is available at
many hardware stores (usually packaged as a replacement filter for window
mounted air conditioners).  I've used this for a few years now and have
expirienced good results and no problems. On some systems it may be
necessary to add some wire mesh (1 cm holes works fine) to prevent the
filter from being pulled into the fan.

--ptw

--
  Paul T Wright <paul@cvanet.com>

   And, strange to tell, among the Earthen Lot
   Some could articulate, while others not:
      And suddenly one more impatient cried --
   "Who is the Potter, pray, and who the Pot?"

            -- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam --