Re: [very very OT] noisy power supply

Joerg Johannes wrote:

> Hi list
>
> My power supply takes warm air from inside the PC case to cool itself.
> As Athlon processors (especially >1000 MHz) tend to produce lots of
> heat, the temperature-sensitive power supply fans turn faster and
> faster, making lots of noise. (When I start the box, I don't hear it at
> all, but 10 minutes later, I wish back to my old one...)
> So my idea is: I open the power supply, flip the fan so that it blows
> cool air from outside into the case, voila, much less noise. Is this a
> good idea or rather stupid?
>
> thanks
>
> joerg

OK. Thanks everybody. I think I'll leave my power supply alone, put my
computer under my desk and look for a less noisy power supply. Putting
the box in another room is not very easy, because I need the
3D-accelerated graphics from my geforce card, which I cannot export via
network...

joerg

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.