installing gcj, is this ok? (gcc-3.0)

I want to install gcj on my system.  I am running woody, and when I
try and apt-get install gcj it says it needs gcj-2.95.  Ok, so I add
that to the apt line.  Now it says it will install cpp-3.0 gcc-3.0
gcc-3.0-base and libgcc300.  Will there be any problem with letting
apt install gcc-3.0 next to gcc-2.95?  If not is there any reason not
to install gcj-3.0 instead of 2.95?  (I really want gcc 3.0, but I'm
not ready to deal with converting my system yet.  Also I need to build
a kernel first.)

-D