Re: 3com NIC question

Sunny Dubey <dubeys@voyager.bxscience.edu> writes:

> hey,
>
> I have a 3c509 NIC.

[...]

> Does anyone have any insight on why this happens only in linux?  (I tried
> under windows, and it works there too)

You don't have something configured correctly on your card.  It's not
a problem with the driver under Linux, since 3c509s have worked fine
for 5 or 6 years.

Does the card get link?  Does the kernel show happy stuff when it
boots and recognized the nic?  Have you made sure the irq and io port
aren't conflicting with anything else?

You will remember something that you should not have forgotten.