Re: Mozilla + Java for potato

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:32:37 -0700
Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org> wrote:

> I don't see a package named libc6g-dev in debian (web search form, all
> distributions).  Do you mean libc6-dev?  There is xlib6g-dev.

That was on potato only (guessing...)

> I'm running mozilla 0.9.1 built from unstable source, and have not
> been able to get java to work with it or prior builds.  I tried
> downloading the plugin that the netscape pages take you to, but it
> didn't seem to take.
>
> Also, does anyone know if JavaScript should be working in this
> release, without the Java support?  I assumed yes, since the two are
> really much different.  But I'm having trouble accessing a site that
> says parts need only JavaScript.

Sorry for this stupid question, but are you sure you enabled java in
the preferences dialog? It's disabled by default. Also, just after
installing, I run mozilla as root and visit a page using java. This
way java is being installed in /usr/lib/mozilla rather than ~/.mozilla

HTH

--
Christoph Simon
datageo@terra.com.br