Re: Mozilla + Java for potato

Christoph Simon wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:32:37 -0700
Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org> wrote:

I don't see a package named libc6g-dev in debian (web search form, all
distributions).  Do you mean libc6-dev?  There is xlib6g-dev.

That was on potato only (guessing...)

I'm running mozilla 0.9.1 built from unstable source, and have not
been able to get java to work with it or prior builds.  I tried
downloading the plugin that the netscape pages take you to, but it
didn't seem to take.

Having similar problems some time back, I found this info on a web search (it fixed my problem on Debian Sid); perhaps it'll help:

http://www.linuxarkivet.nu/mlists/redhat-list/0102/msg02707.html

For you list searchers of the future:

environment:
RedHat 6.2
most if not all errata updates
mozilla 0.8 talkback binary mozilla nightly from 20010224 mozilla installed in user's home dir ( suspect this will work in /usr
also)
Issue:  no jre (java plugin) registerd after install no flash pluging
after install
    no working Flash plugin after placing so and clas in the
mozilla/plugins dir
Searching bugzilla.mozilla.org, I found the following worked for me

Solution:

after making sure the link in mozilla/plugins/  libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
../plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so
was created by the jre.xpi during install, I then had to manually create
a link in mozilla/ libXt.so -> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6

an viola java and flash. There are several related bugs in bugzilla. My guess is that it may be a configuration issue with certain distros
but at least there is a work around.

mozilla seems to work pretty darn well BTW.

HTH sombody,