Mozilla + Java for potato

FYI

I've installed the unofficial debs for mozilla 0.9-1, which Robert
Bihlmeyer made available, and had no problems installing Java or other
plugins, while I do remember somebody reporing such troubles.

This time, I needed to set up a very stripped down system with
mozilla, and all of the sudden, no plugins worked, specially not
java. Everything was perfectly installed, same files, sizes and
locations as in other boxen where it worked, but no avail.

After a huge amount of searching, I found out, that proper plugin
support in mozilla, at least in this configuration, depends on
xlib6g-dev, which in turn likes to see libc6g-dev and gcc installed. I
hope this info will save others the time I spent to find out.

I have no idea why is this, or if I could otherwise avoid installing
those packages, but at least it works this way. Maybe somebody more
specialized in this monster called mozilla could shed light on this or
even offer some more evident solutions (Robert?).

--
Christoph Simon
datageo@terra.com.br
---